Categories
Uncategorized

Composition of Two Genres

Women’s Rights in The United States

Women face inequalities every day and so many people have no idea that it’s going on. Men and women are treated differently in so many ways, and after many years of fighting, protests and movements there still hasn’t been enough done. It seems as not enough people know what is going on. Women need support and these changes to be made as soon as possible. It’s unfair that women still aren’t paid equally as men even though they are doing the same job, it’s unfair women have to live in fear because men view them as weak and they become a target whenever they are walking alone, it’s unfair women don’t get to do as they please with their bodies and if they do they get judges for it. It’s is just unfair! Women’s lives are at risk more than men, women just face so many more struggles when it shouldn’t be this way. Everything should just be equal in every way. The number of women that are raped, abused and harassed is much higher than the number of men. There’s not enough being done for women all over the United States. It’s not enough for just some states to make a change and respect women enough to provide the proper protection and care for them. All of the states in the United States need to make women feel safe and protected. The United States is one of the world’s most advance nation and still to this day women are fighting to be equal. 

The author of this project is me, Maria Morales. I created this pamphlet and these poems to have everyone all over the United States understand the hurt and injustices women experience. My stance is that passionate and sincere. I’m an advocate for women’s rights in all over the world. I’ve faced many inequalities as a woman, and I know how hurtful and challenging it is. I have to say I am lucky that I haven’t been a victim of rape or domestic violence but there are many women out there that are, and we cannot just sit back and look. There are women that have lost their life to lack of support and protection. There are many women that could have been alive today if there was the protection and support, they needed. I have seen women being abused and I know women that have been raped and its heart breaking to see these things. Minority women face much more of these things. Black and Latina women get paid less than a white woman in many states, and I ask myself; Why? My tone is very serious and sad. This is something that cannot be taken lightly, and something needs to be done. Every day we should be taking a step forward to how women deserve to be treated. My audience is the United States. Everyone needs to hear this, in every state and spread the word. It shouldn’t only be women concerned with this. Everyone who has a mother, daughter, sister or just knows a woman should be advocating for action to be taken and change to be established in every way needed. The purpose of my project is to inform and create awareness. The people that don’t know what’s going on need to wake up and fight for women’s rights as well. The people who don’t realize what they are doing, and they may be hurting women will realize that they need to stop. The people who need support during this time will know that they are people fighting for them as well. People need to stand up and taken action now, before any more lives are taken and before more women are hurt. The time is now. 

This topic and project are very important to me because I’m a woman. I have seen how women are affected by this and I’ve experienced it myself. It’s scary and unfair to women all over. Regardless of where a woman is in life, she faces some type of discrimination and inequality. I hope that many people realize what is going on and start to make a difference to change women’s lives.