Categories
Uncategorized

Theory of Writing

What My Writing Means to Me 

Writing to me is a great way to express all of your thoughts and feelings. I write to express myself often. The most interesting thing about writing is that there’s so many ways you can write. You can write poems, articles, novels, essays, speeches and so much more. There’s endless ways to express yourself in writing and there’s so many ways to organize and categorize different types of writing. Non-fiction or fiction, so many genres and tones. Writing is the perfect way to express your thoughts, ideas and feelings to the world. Writing is so freeing. When I write I just let my thoughts flow and pour them onto my page. I figure out whether I what I want to write and a topic and just lets my thoughts run wild. What I know about writing helps me keep myself organized but it doesn’t set any boundaries. I make sure to write in a way that my message is clearly understood. What contributes to my theory of writing the most is what I’ve learned about rhetoric, language and tone. I write with my heart and soul most of the time, and it’s important to know how to keep that organized and written in a way others will understand.The reader will be able to see it in your point of view and understand it all as well.

My writing has evolved since I’ve been in this class. I try to keep myself more organized and I include new writing strategies into my what I’m writing. This class helped me better understand the nine rhetorical terms, genres and how to put together a research paper without it being boring. A lot of the time English was boring in school, but this class brought a little twist to it. I enjoyed writing in this class and bringing together all of my pieces of writing. I considered most of my school writing to be boring, but in this class I got a chance to see that I can make school topics and writing fun to read and write. Depending on my tone, and use of words you can make almost any topic fun. Also getting to read other writers work helped me evolve my writing and develop/figure out my writing voice. All together this semester was very successful in this class, and gave me the extra help I needed to make my writing and myself better as a writer.

I’m not a very organized writer when I’m writing outside of school work. Only when I write for school I read and edit so I can keep it organized all together. I mostly free write and come back to my writing to edit and organize it when I’m texting, or writing for fun. My theory of writing can be applied to my daily life and how I organize my life. It’s important to think about what you have scheduled for the day or even week and then organize according to what needs to be done first and then so on and so forth. My theory of writing is all about getting my thoughts and ideas out and later organizing it all. The most important thing is to express yourself and write what stands out to you in your piece of writing.